Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My carrier modle fx4c outside fan is not running. the

Customer Question

my carrier modle fx4c outside fan is not running. the compressor is working and we tested the capacitor and it is ok too is there a fan reset button?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the unit inside is running fine and when we checked outside we could hear the compressor and then we tested the capacitior and all was fine there so we called the air conditioner repair company and the guy asked if we had checked the reset button.when we asked where it was he said they could find it if they came out(for $129.00 ).is it somewhere around the fan motor?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

there is not a fan reset button on the unit. When a reset is present it shuts off compressor and fan together.

So if compressor is running..we know the fan is getting power..if the capacitor tested ok, then we have one choice left...fan motor