HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an existing Panasonic fan and light assembly. It is

Customer Question

I have an existing Panasonic fan and light assembly. It is model FV-08VKL1, but I now am considering a stronger blower? My current model only has 80 CFM. I need more blower capacity. I noted that there is a FV-11-15VKL1 with up to 150 CFM (it has 3 speeds). My concern is with installation compatibility. Will it retrofit into the same opening?
Thank you,
Bob Steinberg
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer

Those are not compatible, You would have to installed the whole new mount and everything. It is close to the same size but will require you to install the whole new box in the ceiling.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kept putting in the correct payment info. Bank intercepted it, and I approved. Still not clear since I verified my data after bank approved. Bob S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To call I need a phone number. This is an IPad, not IPhone.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Bob are you just needing to know if those two are compatible?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am needing to know if a larger blower unit, such as the one I proposed can be retrofit in the existing opening that was required for my previous fan. If I removed the previous fan, I need to be able to install the new fan from up above (in the attic, which is above the shower) in order to fill the space and support the new fan.Bob
P.S. It looks like payment has since posted
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Bob,

Yes it will fit in the existing space as it is the same size, but the larger unit requires a 6" vent to it.

Payment for us techs only happens when you select or use the voting/star rating system at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have everything I need.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem