Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I need to know about how many linear ft of duct home, I am

Customer Question

I need to know about how many linear ft of duct for my home
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I am wanting to install duct work in my home
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: It has never had duct work
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: it is 1300 sq ft
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, the amount of ductwork required will depend on where the furnace is going to be located, but assuming it will be located in a closet in the middle of the house.

You will need a mix of 6, 8 and 10 inch ducts... added all together it comes to 150 to 200 feet, and no return duct required if the furnace is located in an interior closet or the attic. If the furnace is to be located in the basement add about 30 feet of 20 inch round rigid sheet metal duct.

A good job however requires the duct work to be sized by calculations for each room and depending on the heat and cooling loads in your region of the country, and what equipment options you choose.

http://screencast.com/t/LBQd5jJC7IV