HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I've got a Ideal Icos (HE18) boiler we have gas but the

Customer Question

Good Evening I've got a Ideal Icos (HE18) boiler we have gas but the boiler is flashing LF or FL when hit reset it goes to C to saying it's working but with in 30 sec it goes back to Lf or FL most of the time it mean you have not got gas but in this case we have much appreciated if any help Thanks Keiran
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Thanks Keiran. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Hi Pearl thanks not that I'm aware of we where with BT but change to Utilita energy it worked for some time but been tuned of at the wall that's all but apart from that nothing else that ks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello just seeing if you have found anything out
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning I've not had any information on what seems to be the problem can anyone let us no please thanks
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

This is an ignition fault code. Meaning the unit has tried to light 3 times and failed. So you should check your gas supply, see if the boiler actually is trying to light up...if not often the PCB board is bad causing the issue. Lastly if it is trying to light but fails the ignition device may be bad on the unit causing the malfunction and will need to be changed.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for ur reply what would be the next step check to see if it is firing up

Listen to the unit or check the ignition window and see if anything is trying to light...is it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I won't no until Friday I'm in London for the week I'll get back to use when I can thanks

OK cool