Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Guess i would like to ask if it would be a plumbing or the

Customer Question

guess i would like to ask if it would be a plumbing or the tankless.let me start by starting with hi i'm linda i have a nortiz model N175m-OD, First thing is could the heater itself stop heating for just one place like the bath tub it heats every faucet but the bath tub an shower an lost all pressure it barely comes out could could the tank do this or would it be the plumbing an also do they have filters that should be changed? I apoligize for the hassle but my father passed an he told me nor tought me anything about it one more question if i may when you turn the water on low should it get hot no matter how low you turn it on if i turn mine on low it does not kick on it has to be turned up before it comes on. if you could help me out or point me in the right direction,I would be so very thankful with three handicaps i truly need the tub?shower
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the problem is only in the tub/shower then the culprit is the tub/shower valve (or maybe the piping to it) not the water heater. If the tub/shower valve/faucet has only 1 handle then it's likely that the cartridge in the valve (the working mechanism) is the culprit. The cartridge can be replaced if the valve model and brand can be identified. As far as water flow is concerned the tankless will only fire up if there is adequate water flow. This is usually around 1/2 gallon a minute. So very low flow won't turn on the heater.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much 👍 For your time an I figured out how to get the handle off 3 or 4 hours later lol an I replaced the whole value an just did get out the shower. That was a chore Thank you kindly if I can maybe one more thing? Is there any thing that I need to know or do to my tankless for me that's heaven!!!
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

You should have the tankless flushed with a mild acid solution every year or 2 depending on your water conditions. If you have town water from a reservoir you can go a couple years. If you hve a well or the town gets its water from a well flushing it every year is a good idea. This is probably a job best left to a plumber.

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

.