Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking fuse location in the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking for the fuse location in the Carrier 58PHA090-16 HVAC
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The thermostat went blank when we turned on the cool setting. We reset the breakers and nothing happened. We turned the breakers off to open the panels in the inside house air handler unit, but no visible sign of any fuses.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, if there is a fuse in the 24v circuit it is an automotive type, with a 3 or a 5 on it, in the printed circuit board... that changes sometimes between model years... it could be a few inches from the 24v transformer in one of the 24v wires attached to the transformer.

If you can send me a photo of the printed circuit board and the transformer area I can spot it for you. I may need you to send me a photo of the wiring diagram later as well (that one needs to be close up, taken straight on, well focused and in very good light.)

Use the paper clip icon to attach photo's, we can go from there without a time limit as long as you approve of my approach and rate positively.