Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a dunkirk pvwb-4d where I can't get the pilot light

Customer Question

I have a dunkirk pvwb-4d where I can't get the pilot light to come on. Its a Continuous Pilot Boiler.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I can't seem to see where to light the pilot light. I have taken the cover plate off the front.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have removed the flame shield above the burners then follow the small diameter aluminum tubing to where it terminates. It's connected to the pilot burner. That's where you put your match while you hold down the dial/button on the gas control valve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a small hole that I think is where I am to insert the lighter or match. My lighter won't fit in this hole. I guess I can only use a match? I don't have a match holder to insert the match into this hole.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You have to remove the panel that's above the burners. It should have a couple wing nuts at each end holding it in place