Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Honeywell THermostat continues to run the blower even if

Customer Question

My Honeywell THermostat continues to run the blower even if the System is off, and the fan setting is Auto - not Circulate? Is this correct?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Is this a heat pump or gas unit, On heat pump if fan continues to run when cool/heat is turned off and fan is in auto. It is usually fan relay or sequencer. Gas unit is board or limit switch open. Can you give me model number of unit please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a gas forced air unit. The Honeywell Thermostat is model th8320u1008 - from everything I have researched it appears that the Thermostat is suspect. Been through all setting in the Honeywell. Thanks for the response

Pull thermostat off of sub base. Thumb under neath,finger on top and pull out. See if fan shuts off. If it shuts off problem is thermostat. If it does not problem is in furnace. Russ