Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am in Germany and have a Buderus GB132 system, which I

Customer Question

I am in Germany and have a Buderus GB132 system, which I think is about 10 years old. The house has 2 stories and an attic. The heater and 1 radiator are in the attic. There are 4 radiators and a towel warmer on the top floor, and 5 radiators and a towel warmer on the bottom floor. My problem is that none of radiators on the bottom floor are heating. The pressure reading on the heater control panel reads 2.1 Bar.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The pressure was bleeding off a couple of months ago, down to about 0.5 bar, when I left to go to the US for a while (I just returned yesterday). While I was gone, a friend had a service tech come out and replace the pressure tank (the thing with a tire-type pressure valve on top), and that solved the problem of needing water, but apparently the guy didn't wait around to make sure all radiators worked. He came back out today, but I don't think he knows what to do. He said maybe the pump is not strong enough and is getting a price to put in a stronger pump, but I think he may be grabbing at straws. What do you think?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Do you only have 1 heating zone? Have you tried bleeding the radiators? Did I understand you correctly? the boiler is in the attic?!