Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

Just wondering. Air cond wont come on. I checked thermostat

Customer Question

Just wondering. Air cond wont come on. I checked thermostat and found red wire disconnected at one end. Could this be th issue?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: thats about it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Air cond is about 10 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, at T-stat is R W Y G C have wires connected to them?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

The red wire is normally you 24 volt positive wire and has to be connected to the RH terminal or R terminal and that would cause that issue.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aLL ARE CONNECTED. oN MY TSTAT THERE IS AN rc BUT NOT A c WHICH IS CONNECTED
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is going on! I've been waiting for 15m!
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Sorry your message just came through.

Connect the R wire to the Y wire and see if the AC comes on.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

??

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer, it seems that 2 experts got locked on the case and froze the system,

do you wish to continue?

Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
Im reviewing the conversation now
Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.

are you there right now? Ill be more than happy to assist you and see if we can get this figured out?

Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
Have we solved your problem if not we can help