airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

What happens if the expansion tank is oversized. We have a

Customer Question

What happens if the expansion tank is oversized. We have a hydronic in floor heating system that has a total volume of water of 318 gallons and has 25% glycol. Our supplier quoted a AX-40V. The specificatios call for a 60 gallon ASME expansion tank, the closest tank I see is a AX 120V, which would require 900 gallons of water in the system. What can happen if the expansion tank is that much oversized.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

There is no problem with oversizing .

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you are not in immediate need of the tank, you should be able to order the AX40V online though rather than pay for that 70 gallon tank. What is the price on the 120?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.