Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a ducane gas furnace model 80g1 which got t by a

Customer Question

i have a ducane gas furnace model 80g1 which got hit by a power surge. i have replaced the transformer ( which gave me a red light on the board ) , i have replaced the control board because after the transformer replacement i was getting 7 flashes on the control board. now the furnace turns on, the fan runs for 2 - 3 minutes and shuts off, now i am getting 2 flashes which the manual says is " pressure switch closed w/inducer off. what do i do now ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 9 months ago.

When you try heat does small fan run.

Make sure you have no blocked out on vent pipe. You can try cleaning th e fitting on there air switch and small fan housing, Remove hoses and clean with aper clip. Retry furnace. Russ

Need full model number of furnace. Russ

Expert:  airheatman replied 9 months ago.

Does the small vent motor come on when you call for heat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
full model # *****
yes, when i call for heat, the small vent fan comes on, runs for 2-3 minutes, shuts off and then i get the 2 flashing red lights. i have turned off the power to the furnace and turned off the thermostat and repowered everything twice, same results

Do you have a volt meter to see if we are losing power at the vent motor? Once thermostat calls for heat the vent motor should run non stop until thermostat is satisfied.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am never getting heat and the red light on the control board flashes constantly while the vent motor is running and then it stops and it goes to the 2 flashing red lights

LED should be ON solid, not blinking when vent motor comes on. Is there a flash pattern such as 5 flash pause that may indicate an open rollout switch or anything prior to the 2 flash code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i will check, according to the ducane manual, the five flash sequence is not used, a rollout switch problem is supposed to be 3 flashes

Here is a link to the manual I have. See page 36 for error codes

http://www.ducanehvac.com/_/pdfs/installation/Ducane_80G1_Upflow_Install.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** for 5 flashes

I will be in and out. If we are not getting an error code on that list, the inducer should never stop until heat call is satisfied.