HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a 33 code in a Panye furnace, The furnace comes on

Customer Question

I have a 33 code in a Panye furnace
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The furnace comes on for a short time then turns off
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: pg8jaa048090aaja is the model # ***** furnace the furnace did have a blown fuse but that has been replaced and is not blowing the until turns off after running about 5 mins.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: no i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the HVAC Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

That is a flame sensor rollout code there are 3 sensors around the burner area. You need to check and see if any are tripped open or burned out. Some will gave a reset button on them and others may not. Can you check them out and post back to me as to what you find. Like this one in the pic with the red wires to it

CLICK HERE

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 9 months ago.

If a roll out were tripped, the unit would run nonstop blower and never start for the 5 minutes you mention it runs. A roll out would not let it run 5 min and then run run again without physically resetting the roll out.

So if you have not pressed a roll out...there is no way the furnace could run 5 minutes.

Now the 33 code refers to (2) faults...a high limit trip which is caused by overheat and secondary is the roll outs. A high limit can trip and reset itself when cooled..a roll out can not.

So in short you are wasting time checking a roll out. The issue will be bad blower motor, bad circuit board, dirty filter, air restriction of some sort.

The limit is located on the front wall of the furnace behind the gas valve. Most are the size of a credit card with 2 wires attached.

Many times it will reset by tapping it with power off.

There are a few models that have round limit switches...we could be specific if you had the model number.

So if you need help let me know...but I assure you it is not the rollout if you have not been pressing a button one.

Odds are much greater it is tripped limit if furnace runs for 5 minutes.

If you need further elp let me know.

Billy

Just let me know if you need additional help HVAC-GURU

Just checking in to see if you had a chance to check the unit with the info I supplied..

Billy

Another answer is a possible issue with a circuit board number HK42FZ.

If you get the number off the circuit board and it has the number there is a good chance the board is bad.

The worst batch had numbers HK42FZ-004 on up to HK42FZ-011.

If last numbers are 016 the board has been upgraded. Please note my responses are real answers.

Billy

Another answer could be a broken or loose wire in the high limit circuit as well, just let me know.

HVAC GURU

A broken wire in the high limit circuit is not an option.

If that were true the blower would run nonstop and you would not have 5 min run time.

Even if loose it would NOT cause the blower NOT to run.

Now it could be a worn motor going on thermal

a bad capacitor for the motor

a bad circuit board not turning blower on

dirty filter, blower, wheel or ac coil

blocked registers both supply and return

A squirrel cage bound up not allowing motor to run

Anything that impedes air flow

A bad wire to motor

a bad connection in wiring between the motor and circuit board

PLease confirm the issue you are having and if you still need assistance

a bad capacitor for the motor

dirty filter, blower, wheel or ac coil

Anything that impedes air flow

A bad wire to motor

Over post report filed and confirmed

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.