Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The name is Serguei. I have a York furnace. yp9c080c16mp12ca

Customer Question

Hello. The name is***** have a York furnace. yp9c080c16mp12ca I get 3 flashes error code. Cleaned the tubes, made sure they click. The 3 flashes code happen "before" the ventor motor even begins, not after. But if I disconnect the pressure sensor (a 3 wire sensor that connects with tubings between ventor motor assembly/pressure switch/pressure sensor. Then Ventor motor at least starts. changed control board as well. Same thing is happening
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 3 flashes error code. Which means pressure switch stays open. But error code comes before the ventor motor even starts. Pretty much within 2-3 seconds of beginning operation. Changed Control Board. Same problem. If I disconnect the Pressure Sensor. The Ventor Motor 'does' start, giving me a 3 flashes code after a few min of trying to make things close.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Serguei .. Problem is pressure switch. Common problem on this unit. Weak diaphragm in switch. Replace switch. Russ

Contact Supplyhouse.com at(###) ###-#### Part is in stock there. Model and serial number ready. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm given an error that pressure switch fails to close, even before ventor motor starts. And you think it's the pressure switch that's failed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okey. I've ended up calling York and it's not the pressure switch's problem. One of the wires on the sensor, that 3 wire thingy is broken. You guys have been no help. Sorry.

Sometimes it better to be there but flow charts indicated bad air switch. Thanks Good Luck. Nice dealing with someone that ask the right questions. Russ