Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My oil burner has fuel, I can see the mist, but it won't

Customer Question

my oil burner has fuel, I can see the mist, but it won't ignigt, I have replaced the ignigter, control box, and electrodes. I don't see and trouble codes in the main box
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: burner won't ignigt
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the HVAC Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Do the electrodes spark?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no they do not, I checked what I believe is the main box, no codes seem to be present
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can see fuel mist through the sight hole

I would say you have a bad ignition control then or a wire broken from the electrodes to the ignition control box. Can you check the wiring?