BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I HAVE A CARRIER MODEL #58PAV090-14 AND I HAVE A STEADY RED

Customer Question

I HAVE A CARRIER MODEL #58PAV090-14 AND I HAVE A STEADY RED LED AND NO HEAT. BEFORE THIS PROBLEM I HAD A FAULTY DOOR PANEL SWITCH SO I JUMPED IT WITH A PAPER CLIP AND THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER I HAD A CODE 14. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND NOW NO HEAT AND STEADY RED LED.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the HVAC Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

hello,

do you mind a test at the thermostat ? We would need the front section off to where we can see the wires

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO BUT I'M AT WORK AND I WILL HAVE TO IT WHEN I GET HOME

steady light means no signal from thermostat.

Can be low batteries (if in thermostat), bad thermostat, bad thermostat wire.

At thermostat find terminals R and W...use a paperclip shaped in a U and connect R to W...

If furnace starts =bad thermostat (or batteries)

If furnace does not = bad wire connection in the thermostat wire

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, THANKS

just respond when you have a chance to try this.

Billy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok

And also keep this on your end without responding..or rate service. If you reply, the system forces me to reply.

Billy