Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a G9T06010UPB13C furnace. The inducer will start when

Customer Question

I have a Coleman G9T06010UPB13C furnace. The inducer will start when called for heat. The flame lights and the blower goes to low and will run for about 10 min. Then the system starts to making a clicking noise near the gas flow valve. I'm not sure if it could be a capacitor but the gas will then shut off and the blower also shuts down. I replaced the flame sensor thinking it may be that. The Control board flashes three time says that the pressure switch is the issue but if it was the pressure switch wouldn't it not turn on?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Is that a 2 stage furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 stage 90% furnace
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Did you check outside for flue obstructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's clear also disconnected exhaust pipe from inducer and there was no water and no debris present
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

After 10 min it shuts down, could be High limit switch, How is the air flow? could be dirty filter, or obstructed blower wheel, or a dirty air conditioning coil above your furnace

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Is blower speed set at Med or high, cant be on low

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to check the coil. We had the system cleaned at the beginning of the season. But it sounds like the high limit switch is tripping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the filter. The speed of the blower is automatic not sure how I can change that
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Dont forget that the coil need to be cleaned from underneath and not on top. drill a hole or make access door and check with small miror and flashlight

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Please DONT forget to rate our conversation when we are all done so I can get paid for my services.

Please dont leave negative feedback, I am there to help you.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my last messages? system is a little weird,

Fan speed is selected at furnace control board,

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Find terminal Heat on the control board in bottom compartment of your furnace, there you should have a blue wire on it, a black wire on the Cool terminal,