HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I think my hot surface ignitor has failed in my ***** *****

Customer Question

I think my hot surface ignitor has failed in my ***** ***** Evcon furnace.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have power cycled the unit. The fan works. I can hear the combustion blower start. It tries to cycle and fails to light. I have a single flashing green LED after the failure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. The only way to credit me(APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU) is to make sure you are rating my post not another techs when finished...Thank You!

Can you check for power to the ignitor on the unit after the exhaust fan comes on with a volt meter? Or visually inspect the ignitor to see if it is broken or cracked?

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks