Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I returned home to find my Carrier Infinity Thermostat

Customer Question

I returned home to find my Carrier Infinity Thermostat display with a blank screen. I'm not sure if it's still controlling my heating unit.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The control unit screen is blank, so I'm unable to ascertain if the heat will come on and it's getting cold.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Can I somehow manually override to get the heat to come on until I get the unit fixed tomorrow?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Billy.

Can you tell me by looking at the furnace...are there any lights lit, sounds etc?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's silent.

Thank you...remove the front doors..tell me what model number is ***** we can make some quick checks