HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a pilot ignition control ( control part# G67AG-3)

Customer Question

I have a pilot ignition control (Johnson control part# *****) that i need to replace with Honeywell part# ***** I crossed referenced the part numbers and S8610 is a replacement with G67AG-3. Need some help with the wiring since both units are different. This is for a Trane rooftop unit model# ***** Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Can you list the wires you have and what terminals they are on the old control all of them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1- pv
6- 24v
2- THS
4- Sense
5- Ground.

OK just put it as follows, first disconnect the black wire from the remote sense discard it

Then Connect as follows to the new unit from your list

1-PV

2- THW

4-FLAME SENSOR

5-24V Ground

Do not connect the 24 volt line #6 to the unit and also make sure the unit is grounded and that should be it.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are the following terminals on S8610 module not used:MV/PV
MV
GND
24V
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Forgot to add 24V (GND) to list

Well no where are you Main Valve wires they should be there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, i forgot to add3- MVTo the list of terminals on old module. That i know goes to the MV terminal on the new module.What about the other terminals on the new module?MV/PV
GND
24VThanks for your help.

Yes then it all should work, but your GROUND one on the old one needs to go to 24 VOLT GROUND on the new one and the others are equipment grounds to the frame.