airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a TCONT800 Series Touch Screen Programmable Comfort

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a TCONT800 Series Touch Screen Programmable Comfort Control Thermostat and there is a red star illuminating on the upper right hand corner of the unit. Can? you please tell me if this is something I should call the repair company for
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We had a power outage last week and every since then this snowflake has appeared. The geo thermal unit had the em heat button on but I pressed the reset and it went out but the thermostat snowflake is still on
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 months ago.

Where is the star?On the screen section above the up down arrows?

Also on top left in tiny print do you see EM HEAT on top left when this red light is on?

If unit is in Emergency heat mode, the red light is ok.If not this means there is an alert active which will require a technician to troubleshoot.See below:

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.