airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

A contractor has quoted a central AC replacement (2 Ton, 14

Customer Question

A contractor has quoted a central AC replacement (2 Ton, 14 SEER, 410 Amp system) with the same pricing for either Goodman or Day + Night equipment. A brief search shows horrible reviews by consumers for Goodman equipment - but - I'm not finding reviews for Day + Night equipment; can you shed any light on Day + Night equipment?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The site is in Boynton Beach FL and is a rental property for my mother-in-law living in Colorado (where I also live).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 months ago.

Depending on who you talk to you will get a variety of opinions. The Goodman is actually a good unit for the money.Day and Night is a subsidiary of ICP.

They are very similar to a Tempstar. My reference would be the Goodman

Day & Night are considered low end Heil units. If you look at the picture below, you will see the Day&Night and Tempstar are the same.

If you compare the Day&Night.,its brother Tempstar and Goodman, you will see the Goodman comes out on top

See link