Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Wiring a General Humidifier to my Lennox furnace. On the

Customer Question

Wiring a General Humidifier to my Lennox furnace. On the control board I have two HUM terminals?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What HUM terminal or does it matter?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

These can either be low voltage terminals or high voltage (120 volts) depending on the model. First you need to determine which they are. If you set furnace to heat and measure voltage across these terminals, this will help determine how to wire.