Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Utica boiler SFH3100W in the past few weeks my

Customer Question

I have a Utica boiler SFH3100W in the past few weeks my reset button has tripped once every few days and then I pulled the ignition assembly out and the nozzle was completely crudded up. I replaced the nozzle with a .85-80B. That worked for a little while and then it tripped again. I pulled the ignition assembly out again, the nozzle looked fine, so I did some research and set the electrodes to about 1/8" ahead of the nozzle and 1/8" apart and roughly 1/2
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: 1/2" above the center of the center of the nozzle. that also worked for a few days and then tripped again. I have a good mist of fuel in the chamber. I have pulled the ignition assembly out several times found nothing wrong, simply put the assembly back in and reset the reset button and it fired up no problem. it will last for a while and then trip again. don't know if I should put new electrodes or new transformer in. At a loss as of now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

What is the brand and model of your burner (not the boiler)?