HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

We have a new Lennox XC20-60-230A02 A/C (approx. 2 months

Customer Question

Hi ... We have a new Lennox XC20-60-230A02 A/C (approx. 2 months old). We keep getting Alert Code 411. It states that the low pressure switch has opened 5 times during one cooling cycle. As a result, the thermostat has shutdown the outdoor unit. Up to now, I have been able to reset this by shutting off and turning on the breaker to the outside unit.
This is no longer working. According to the manual, to clear this error you need to open the low pressure switch error count reached 5 strokes, and resetting by putting the outdoor unit control in test mode or resetting the low voltage power. Our A/C dealer does not work on the weekends. Is this something the I can perform on the outside unit myself?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The issue is the unit is low on freon, you need the units freon pressures checked an likely topped off. That is causing this issue.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not paying for this. The response was too late. In the mean time I had to hire an afterhours repairman to fix the problem. On top of that, I was asking for help RESETTING the unit...which I did not receive.