HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

We have a bang and olufsen telephone which is about 30 years

Customer Question

we have a bang and olufsen telephone which is about 30 years old. we recently moved and it has not been used for about 1 year. it no longer works in our new home. we replaced the batteries. help me out.
cliff boeckman
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Does it do anything at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will show a few numbers on the upper panel. it has no dial tone
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Are you certain the phone cable that is hooked up to it works? Can you try a different phone to make sure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will show a few numbers in the upper panel which then disappear. it has no dial tone.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the battery connection carefully for any broken wires or corrosion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have connected it to 2 outlets and it does the same thing
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

The issue then is the internal board is corrupted, the problem is there are no parts for the unit so really it can not be repaired I am afraid to say, please do not kill the messenger. You would have to purchase another one.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks