Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a honeywell HEPA air purifier and recently replaced

Customer Question

I have a honeywell HEPA air purifier and recently replaced the original HEPA filter. Now my purifier has stopped working. It will not even turn on. What can I do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Has it worked at all since replacing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Did you try resetting the filter indicator light by pressing and holding the filter indicator button down until the light turns off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the pre filter securely wrapped around the Hepa filter so that ends meet and fasten the ends together with the fastener and secure the locking mechanism in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was replacing the HEPA filter not the prefilter. It originally was one HEPA filter but the replacement came in 3 sections.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

My manual shows the prefilter wrapped around the heap and secured.

Not really much to the unit. Does it appear the filter may have to be in a particular spot as far as contacts making?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it is now 3 filters not 1 hepa when I put the prefilters around it and secure it then it wobbles. I was incorrect when the filters got replaced it worked for a week now it stopped. Sorry, but it is at my daughter's house and I am trying to help her fix it.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like possibly coincidental that you just replaced filter.Do you get any power lights or anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power lite on top of the filter comes on but nothing else.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Most likely a bad control board in unit, but you can probably buy a new purifier for what the board costs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the control board located
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Under top control panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found the original box with a model #50250-S with a 5 year warranty. When my daughter ordered the Hepa filter she was told that they no longer made that filter as a one unit but now used 3 hepas. Maybe that is the problem
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

That is possible. Perhaps new type has to make contact with something as Honeywell is constantly making revisions.I can request a refund of your deposit if not happy with the answer , but nothing else in troubleshooting guide that I can find that implies problem and correction

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a telephone number or address where I can contact Honeywell to get info on how to resolve this problem? Please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also can I get a refund.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I have forwarded to administrators for refund.There should be a contact number on unit, box or manual.