Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a used mendota direct vent gas fire place i

Customer Question

i have a used mendota direct vent gas fire place i installed. unit is very clean and i have new all new chimmny pipe and cap. my pilot light works good , but when i turn on the burner it comes on and only lasts a couple of mins. and then starts to lift off the burner and dance all over till it slowly goes out. do i have too much gas pressure or not enough fresh air coming in ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning. I am Kevin..... I believe you really need to check the gas pressure, It's almost as if the regulator is opening to far and then closing right off....

Is this a new appliance for you or has it worked in the past for you and just developed this problem?

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 9 months ago.

Check out page 60 and 61, troubleshooting on flame staying lit.

http://www.americanhearth.com/assets/AH/manuals/31453-4-1113%20DVX(36,42)DP(3,5,7,9).pdf