HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My thermostat is not turning the furnace on, I noticed the

Customer Question

My thermostat is not turning the furnace on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I noticed the display in the thermostat was blank. I removed it from the wall and noticed there were no batteries however it had been displaying properly. I put batteries in and the display came back but it does not seem to be working the furnace. I tried turning the temp up and waiting a few minutes and nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you get at the wiring to the thermostat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok connect the REd to the White wire and see if the heat comes on

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks