HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

It is telling me the gh auxiliary switch or lit switch is

Customer Question

it is telling me the high auxiliary switch or lit switch is open. How do I fix that?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Yes ok you have about 3 limits around the burner area. Some may have a reset button on them that you can push others may may not. In the case of ones that do not you can jumper the 2 wires to them together and try it to find the bad one or use an ohm meter as all of them should have continuity between the two connections to each of them. You are looking for something that looks like these. Also once found and reset or replaced check the filter and exhaust ports to make sure everything is clean and clear. Also make sure the main blower is coming on and running as all of these things not working or dirty could cause the unit to overheat and trip the limits.

CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks