Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

GMV951155DXA shuts down after 2 to 3 seconds into start

Customer Question

GMV951155DXA shuts down after 2 to 3 seconds into start cycle and diagnostic red flashes continuously.
grounded with copper wire to copper water pipes and ground wire at board show 0.2 ohm.
Do you have any idea on what to check next.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

What is the flash sequence? How many times does it flash before it repeats

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It flashes continuously as stated before.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Continuous flash indicates a poor ground for the unit or reversed wiring polarity

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed out the transformer and no change in the results. I also reversed the common and hot. then the unit ran for about 10 seconds shut down and flashes continuously. tightened all ground connections.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Sounds like you reversed the polarity and you had the same flash sequence before and after? If so you need to confirm the unit's ground. If the problem continues you need to get an electrician to check the main panel ground

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The lights on my 1500 APC UPS indicate a good ground on the circuit. I doubt that the ground is the problem. I read the manual and went through the same reversed polarity (kinda hard since no work had been done on the unit) and the bad ground.
checked both electrical common ground and separate external ground. Looking for something I didn't read in the troubleshooting guide that came with the unit.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

That's all I got. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues maybe one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.