Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Barb. Our janitrol furnace starts up, but then quits before

Customer Question

Barb. Our janitrol furnace starts up, but then quits before really igniting. Batteries on thermostat were old. I changed them, followed directions to restart, but haven't gotten it to start yet. Model # *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what? Has been working fine. Till batteries died.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try this, turn off the power to the furnace, remove the panel to the burner compartment (not the panel where the main blower is) then wait a minute and turn the power back on. Tell me what happens. Does the small draft inducer fan on the front of the unit start up and run? does the igniter glow? do the burners fire up then go out in a few seconds?