Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. Issue is regarding Carrier Model

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. Issue is regarding Carrier Model 58SSC090-JC
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Unit goes through a normal cycle. igniter glows, gas valve opens, nice blue flame for a few seconds then shuts off I just replaced the flame sensor still doing the same thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Either board is not sensing flame or you have a gas pressure issue.Do you have a volt meter to see if we are losing 24v to the gas valve as soon at instant burners go off?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Gas valve was replaced last year. Yes i do have a volt meter

Lets do this/Turn to call for heat and allow burners to ignite.Put leads on gas valve terminals,there will be 24 volts. Then very second burners go out watch and see if we lose the 24v or if the 24 volts stays a couple of seconds until flame sensor realizes flame is gone.