HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Rheem Prestige 410-A, model no. RPQL-030JEZ 15 Seer

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Prestige 410-A, model no. RPQL-030JEZ 15 Seer Heat Pump, split system. I am having problems keeping the condensing unit fan running. The capacitor is good. A couple of times I have reset the board and the fan would run. I do not have a lot of experience with Rheem. I am also retired and have not kept up with the technology. This happens both in the heating and cooling mode.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The fan has run intermittently
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

When the fan shuts down what happens does it hum or is it completely losing power?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, the fan does not hum. It does not lose power.

Ok then I would say the fan must be shutting down on the internal overload, I would say you have a bad fan.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not get a response in a timely manner. I needed heat. I called the HVAC Contractor that installed the unit and he came out and diagnosed the problem and repaired it. I have inclosed the receipt. Based on the honor system as you claimed, I can truthfully say that you did not aid in the repair of my unit at all. Please refund my money. Thank you. Bill ****
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is the receipt for the work completed.