Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I am buying a house with a 31 year old Burnham V 13 that

Customer Question

I am buying a house with a 31 year old Burnham V 13 that hasn't been cleaned/tune up in 2 years. Should I be concerned? Sheree Lawyer
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best, ***** *****
Customer: The service records are not complete - but I see where the following items have been replaced: relay, burner motor, thermostat, combustion chamber, oil line, cleared fill and vented pipes, replaced blast tube. No one seems to be able to want to say if I should replace it..or continue to repair it as it needs it. With it being 31 years old - I am concerned.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the HVAC Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I have the same boiler in my house. You've given me no indication of any cause for concern if there are no signs of corrosion. It's a good boiler and could last anther 10 years or more. That doesn't mean it won't need some repairs in that time but they would be far less expensive than a new boiler which wouldn't be significantly more efficient. I would recommend you have it cleaned/tuned up when you move in if not before.

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

.