airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Heath! and I was wondering what the price might be to have a

Customer Question

Hey Heath! My name is ***** ***** I was wondering what the price might be to have a 3 ton 14 seer AC unit installed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we are buying a house inside the loop in Houston. The report we recieved reads in part:the age of both units is about 10 - 11 years old. Both units are R-22 and is being phased out. I would recommend that you replace the condenser and evaporator coil on the upstairs. I would recommend doing the same on the downstairs, which is an air handler and condenser. one unit is 2-ton and one is 3-ton
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

You should expect to pay about 1800 to 2000 per ton so the 3 ton would run between 5400 to 6000 and the 2 ton 3600 to 4000

Now with this said, there are going to be a lot of variables. This would include furnace coil and condenser for the 3 ton and air handler and condenser for 2 ton.I recommend doing all at once.

If you keep old furnace on 3 ton deduct about 2000.

Also price is going to vary between brands as well as contractors. For example A Trane or Lennox will be higher than a Goodman or Rheem.

A small company with 2 or three techs will be significantly lower than a company with 12 techs and 2 office personel due to overhead.