Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Gabrielson--I have an Optima-30 gas insert. I cleaned the

Customer Question

Gabrielson--I have an Optima-30 gas insert. I cleaned the intake area & now the blower stopped. With the switch on, it makes a busing noise.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: AS stated, all I did was vacuum the dust from the lower area, Now the blower will not run & the switch just makes a humming noise
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you see what is buzzing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buzzing is only when I turn the fan on, now.-- Prior to cleaning, all worked well-the fan was blowing just fine as I was just removing the dust build up.I always have the fan on & when it gets hot enough, the fan would automatic start, etc! Now, when I turn the fan on or it gets hot enough, the fan switch is buzzing & the fan will not start blowing out the heat!
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the fan is stalled or seized can you check it to see if it is turning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not without tearing the entire unit apart. Where can I find a manual or I will just cancel this site by calling my Credit Card ! The fan is under the logs and cannot be seen or turned unless I tear it off! Please advise
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if another tech has the manual wait for their reply

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just forget all this as I just called a local tech. to find the problem and fix!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel this service as I will pay the $23 and that is all.
Please respond.