HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Weil-Mclain Ultra 80. Goes from 'prepurge' ignition 3 secs.,

Customer Question

Weil-Mclain Ultra 80. Goes from 'prepurge' ignition for about 3 secs., then 'post purge'. Does this repeatedly and never achieves "full burner" cycle.
Pat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you cleaned the flame sensor off or replaced it that would be the most common thing that would cause that issue. I would first take the flame sensor rod out and clean it off with some sand paper or emery cloth. See if that makes it better if so you can order yourself a new flame sensor as I would to permanently repair it.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks