Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Lennox G40UH (X) series Gas furnace. I cannot get

Customer Question

We have a Lennox G40UH (X) series Gas furnace. I cannot get the blower to come on so it is not moving air. I tried switching the thermostat to on versus Auto fan, I took the door off and door switch is working and sending power to the board, but the blower motor has an electrical hum when it tries to turn on. The fan free spins when I try to move it manually, the bearings seem fine. Could it be the capacitor or limit switch?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

It's possible the capacitor is bad. When it should be on, try taping the door switch in so furnace has power and reach in and give the wheel a spin. See if it starts turning on it's own.