Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We have a gux-x gas fired warm air furnace. The breaker box

Customer Question

we have a gux-x gas fired warm air furnace. The breaker box tied to that circuit went out yesterday and now we are just getting cold air blowing. is there an electronic reset to restart the furnace/ignition?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can try resetting the roll out switch(es) (see attached pic for typical). They are located just outside the burner chamber. Turn the power off to the unit then try pushing the small button between the 2 leads on the switch. If it clicks you have reset it and the unit will fire up when you turn the power back on with any luck. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped. There may be more than 1 so once you find the first one follow the wire to check for others in that circuit.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If that doesn't work then you probably have an issue with the limit circuit that usually requires a pro to sort out. I have to leave for about an hour. If you have more questions I'll respond when I get back. If not I'd appreciate a favorable rating.