Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am adding a wireless thermostat to a new zone I have

Customer Question

Hi. I am adding a wireless thermostat to a new zone I have added. The Taco furnace controller has 6 zones. I only use up 4 of those now. I have hooked up an EIM (THM5320) to my Taco controller by connecting 24V to the EIM with one pair of wires and with a second pair I went from the W and C terminals on EIM to the thermostat input on the Taco Controller. The TIM powers up and successfully connects to the thermostat. The thermostat thinks the link is fine. I ran a test mode where it calls for heat. I can see on the TIM the red LED indicating heat. But it does not seem to trigger the relay in the Taco controller to start the circulator pump in that zone.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try R & W to the Taco relay (SR506?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just for the record I have added some photos of the set up as it stands before I change anything per your recommendations. You can see I made connection from the EIM to the Taco SR506 (yes :-)) using a piece of CAT5 wire. You can see I brought the second conductor from the Taco thermostat screw terminal over to the C (common) on the EIM. Is that correct?Should I try R&W
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see I used the blue and white pair to bring 24V up from the Taco to power the EIM. I used Orange and white to Bring W down from the EIM to the Taco. I used the white half of the Orange and White tied to Common.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'd move the orange & white to R from C on the EIM.