Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a two stage R-410A Split System. Should return air

Customer Question

I have a two stage R-410A Split System. Should return air vent be on the wall or ceiling? Should thermostat be located directly below return air vent?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

The best place in these two scenarios would be on the wall. It doesn't hurt to have a thermostat near a return, you just don't want it near a supply.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Where is your return vent located?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.