airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Lopi gas heating stove. it's a 1976 Spirit model.

Customer Question

I have a Lopi gas heating stove. it's a 1976 Spirit model. After I light the pilot and wait a few minutes, I then turn the knob to on. The main flame will light for about 10 seconds then go out along with the pilot light. I have put a new thermocoupling and a new thermopile in just recently. Any ideas?
Joe
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Joe first step would be to verify the thermopile is keeping the milivolt signal on terminals at valve.Since new, it probably is. Next check gas pressure into valve.If it is good and we have the 750 milvolts to valve you have a bad gas valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check some more and get back to you. Thank you, Joe.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find. Also if you have a manometer, if we are maintaining the 750 millivolts at valve, check inlet and outlet pressure at valve.