Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

My oil tank ran out of oil. I had it filled today. The

Customer Question

My oil tank ran out of oil. I had it filled today. The burner light (green) on my Beckett burner is flashing. I have pressed the red reset button a couple of times. I have also tried bleeding the air out of the line. I can not get the burner to start or the fuel to flow properly. Everything was running ok prior to running out of oil.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have to purge the line with the burner running. Assuming you have the bleeder on the burner pump open, you have to hold the reset button down for 30 seconds to bet the burner to restart after a hard lockout (2 attempts with no flame). If your ignition control is a Beckett not a Honeywell then you hold it down for at least 15 seconds

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Pump bleeder pic attached