HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an issue with a goodman GMH95 gas furnace,I set

Customer Question

Hello,I have an issue with a goodman GMH95 gas furnace,I set thermostat to call for heat and inducer and main blowers come on,igniter comes on--no burners come --igniter goes off,after a minute or two the unit recycles with the same result.LED is bright red and remains that way thru whole procees.I had this issue last winter,after restarting unit per users manual everything was fine. not this time.Any ideas? Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Check the front cover switch and make sure it is working then check and see if you are getting 24 volts to the valve when the ignitor is glowing, if you are not then the board is bad or the wiring from the valve to the board is loose or broken. Now if you do have 24 volts to the valve the valve is bad, you have a gas supply issue or you have blocked orifices on the burner and need to clean them. You just need to check those things to see what the issue is.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks