Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I had rezone heater installed 2month ago check it one day it

Customer Question

i had rezone heater installed 2month ago check it one day it was full of sot and not heating installer found the regulator they installed was shot did this cause the problem
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the heater has been cleaned and is working installer said that I caused the problem by letting the heater run out of gas when Switched tanks but heater worked fine for 3 weeks after I switcher tanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean you have a Reznor unit heater? A bad regulator could cause too much gas pressure which could cause the unit to over fire which could cause it to soot up. You running out of gas shouldn't cause any problems except that when re-starting it the air in the gas line may need to be purged.