Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We just had a rinnai heating and tankless hot water wall

Customer Question

We just had a rinnai heating and tankless hot water wall hanging furnace installed in dec . the heating seemed to work fine,then all of a sudden one of the zones stopped producing heat. The others were working,we have 3 zones. The circulating pump was dead,they replaced it. About week later another zone went. Same thing circulating pump again. Now the living room heat won't go above 53 degrees,barely have any heat coming out of the baseboard. The owner of the co who installed it came out and said without really checking much said its the windows. The system is working fine ...and yes it is colder out right now -5 -7 degrees
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rinnai e75cn/e110cn
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm not buying the contractors excuse. If the other zones are heating up then you have a circulation problem in the zone that's cold. It could be due to a failed pump (3 bad pumps would be an odd coincidence) or possibly air in the zone or maybe even a frozen pipe.