HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a trane xe90 furnace that is blowing air not

Customer Question

I have a trane xe90 furnace that is blowing air not lighting. I have turned off the power to the unit and reset the breaker. I know it is probably the high limit switch. However I can't get it to reset. Do yoy know where I could purchase another one or if this is not the problem what else could it be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What flash pattern is the red light blinking?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
4

Ok that is an open high limit...find this one behind the valve with the 2 wires to it and connect the two wires together with a jumper wire or paper clip and see if it works. If it does then make sure the filter is clean and not restricted and make sure the main blower is running. Then replace that high limit.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok buy that is not what mine looks like?

Yes that is just a different style one same thing though connect the two wires together then try it.