HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a ARCOAIR 90 plus, it has locked out due to air not

Customer Question

i have a ARCOAIR 90 plus, it has locked out due to air not circulating what can Io do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the main blower running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK what error exactly comes up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
control is locked out due to air not circulating and overheated is in parentheses

OK that means one of the high limits have tripped open can you check all the high limit sensors around the burner area to see if any are open continuity wise?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how many do you think there is for me to check? are they all around the burner? I have checked all the ones that I've seen and they were ok is there someplace different I should be looking at

There should be 3 two around the burner and one likely by burner wall. If you have a picture of the wiring diagram I can help you find them. Just upload a picture of the wiring diagram here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are 5 pictures

The one that is rectangular and brown with the two wires to it connect those two wires together and try it and see if ti works, that one fails all the time.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks