Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

, I am replacing a thermostat - the new one is a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am replacing a thermostat - the new one is a Honeywell RTH 7600. The old Honeywell thermostat did not have any labels for the wire connections. The wire colors in my system are red, blue, white and green. Does the blue connect to the "C" terminal?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Just that I
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: 'm assuming the red, green and white wires go to the some terminals on the new thermostat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Standard color coding would put red on R (jumper to RC), white on W, green on G and blue on Y. Best to check the other end of the thermostat lead where it connects to the furnace. But the above is what I would expect.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well - it didn't work - makes sense that it would.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Why are you changing the thermostat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we have a two zone system. the downstairs thermostat kept showing "hold" and was no longer adjustable, so I decided to replace both.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

What do you have for heating equipment? do you have zone dampers or is this hot water baseboard heat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
natural gas- both thermostats connected to a Trol A Temp Model TZ-3 total zone controller
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Ok, I'm not familiar with that zoning system. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is now 9:28pm and I have not receive any response, so I expect a refund of my $23.00. Thank you, ***** ***** not help me at all. Please let me know that you received this message. *******@****.***